The project always shows an old status or an old version of the application when the „Start“-Button of Visual Studio has been clicked.
When the Build process is started manually before pressing the start button, the program version is the current / acutal one.
The target state should be that the program has always the current version without calling the BUILD funtion explicit.
The root cause of this issue only occurs in a Visual Studio solution with more than one project.
- Make sure the project (i.e. „TestProject“) is set as startup project with the context menu (it appears bold in the project explorer).
- Right-click the Visual Studio Solution and select „Properties“.
- Got to the „configuration“ page in the appearing window (left side of the dialog)
- Select the „Build“ checkbox for the project that always shows the old status
- Press the OK button and try again.