Testing makes me happy 🙂 …
There are 4 common Unit Test Frameworks available as NuGet-Packages:
- MsTest (Standard when creating a normal test project under VS2013)
- MsTest v2
This short instruction shows how to set up the integrated standard Unit Test Framework without installing packages.
- Right-click solution explorer and choose Add -> New Project
- Under Visual C# choose Test -> Unit Test Project, change your name and click „ok“ on the lower right
- Write Assert.isTrue(true); to have a passing test for test 🙂
- In the Visual Studio 2013 main menu choose „Test -> Window -> Test explorer“ (this is the part i was searching for a while -> How to start the tests)
- After adding the Test-Explorer choose „Run All“ to run the Unit Test.
Please Note: If you want to test another project with the test project, you have to Add a reference to it by right-clicking references -> Add…
Testing makes you happy 🙂